Jan 5, 2013
5.1.2013 part 3
- T110E4 "rebalancing" (read: nerf) was not too much, its armor is okay, statistically it's doing fine
- SerB states that the downside of the SU-122-44 is intended to be low accuracy and long aiming time
- there is no special plan to nerf "pedobears" (SS: Russian-used term for experienced players playing twinked lowtiers with experienced crews), but a complete rebalance is planned
- in time, there might be extended filters introduced to the hangar
- realistic armor properties of the T-10M/IS-8 properties (the thickness being historical): "digging thru archives takes a lot of time, we'll make a book on the IS-8, it'll be there"
- the 7x42 company format will be introduced probably for all the maps, but it has to be tested
- in the historical battles, vehicles will have balancing weight according to the year (eg. what is the top of the line in 1942 will be much cheaper in 1944)
- in the beginning, the matchmaker was proposed to be based on the vehicle weight only (one supertank = rest of the weak team), but it didn't work - balancing individual vehicles is very hard and then there was the issue of players asking questions such as "why is that tank better than the other tank"
- According to SerB, it takes roughly 2500 battles for the nonpremium player to reach his first tier 10, SerB is fine with it
- post-battle chat "possible we won't implement it at all, or we'll implement it only for the winning team - why would we provoke a chatflame once more?"
- there will be additional security measures added for the company recruitment phase so people don't come in and spam
- devs won't introduce additional names for the crew ("unfortunately, it's impossible to implement the entire wealth of names. Well - and if anyone will come and ask for their name - the list would be endless")
- the "house icon" for the additional crew training goes to the crewmember with the least total XP (eg. if you have two guys - one 75 percent training and 2 skills and one 65 percent and 3 skills, the first one will get it).
- there might be special settings in the game introduced for the artillery mode