Jan 4, 2013
- there is a plan in motion regarding the change of both the old unchanged and the new changed maps - what it is, Storm cannot tell (related to the fact some players complained about certain maps - specifically Sand River, El Halluf and Redshire) being too open without the cover to hide from arty
- IS-7 will most likely never get its historical characteristics (speed, rate of fire) due to balance
- Storm (regarding the addition of completely new elements to the game, such as air support): "One thing I can say for sure - in 2013 we won't add new tanks only"
- there won't be any premium tanks of tier 9 and 10 in the game
- repair costs of arty won't be lowered
- SerB about making the VK3601 a heavy tank: "That's the idea, but considering the ingame difference won't be big, I mostly don't deal with that question"
- the gun depression (and elevation) of Sturer Emil and Nashorn will be "historical" (SerB doesn't remember how much it was)
- SerB: "The 0 damage hits on T-50 are in 99,9 percent of cases caused by hitting the suspension, followed by the projectile passing under the tank. Clearly, in real life such a tank would go nowhere after that, but we don't want fights with crippled tanks, so it's treated as a suspension damage", Storm adds to this: "Or hits to the cannon, that happens often too"
- the arty was not hardcapped at 3, because that would disbalance the MM even worse, there would be long queues of the vehicles of one same type
- Zimmerit coating for German tanks: "not anytime soon - after render optimalisation (it's done when it's done) - maybe"
- the devs won't allow the players to select victory conditions in random battles (for example, "kill all" or "capture only"): "No. We won't give the possibility for you to select a comfortable environment for farming. If you want that, go to training battles"
- maps of unlimited size (SS: "open world"): "no"
- the developers thought about implementing dynamic maps (with objects moving around each battle), but they decided not to adopt that, as it's difficult to do technically and the players would whine "where's my favourite bush"
- continuous fights in Clanwars (eg. not tied to a certain hour): "that's unrealistic"
- the Batchat 155 ventilation removal will most likely be a part of the nerf (eg. no compensation)
- regarding your own writings on tanks: "no - without censorship, there would be too many "three-lettered words" (SS: no idea what that means, but the EU staff mentioned they are afraid of the "18SSAdolfhitlerlol" idiocy) and censorship is expensive"