First, just a thought about the European Q&A. Some time ago (specifically 24.4.2013), there was a post from Quasar, the EU "developer", saying:
35.Have you planned in the upcoming EU tech tree the
tanks from Switzerland like the PZ58, PZ61, PZ68 or the G13, an
adaptation of the Hetzer ?
No such plans.
I was like "WTF? That's not what SerB said", and I did set out to find more. I contacted a friend, who in turn is in touch with some of developer-tier employees directly in Minsk. He told me today that he got told by the devs the following (direct translation):
"Regarding the Swiss, there is a very high chance they will appear, but understandably noone will give a 100 percent guarantee".
In other words: either Quasar can't speak Russian (god knows who it is anyway), or he's just pulling the answers out of his ass. Personally, I find the second option likely. I'd keep this in mind when asking questions on EU server.
Anyway, back to the translation.
- SerB on War Thunder: "Yes, I played it. But I won't make comments about it, sorry - we'd do a lot of things differently and some developers react very nervously on such analysis comments"
- Q: "But did you like War Thunder personally?" A: "As I said, we'd do a lot of things differently."
- premium arties of high tier won't be implemented for now
- battle parameters such as "distance travelled" or "time spent in battle" have no influence on XP/credit battle income
- all the vehicles are balanced separately, not according to some "class parameters"
- regarding the possibility of the change of rules for buying camo/decals: "It there is some, I will tell you"
- the reason for nerfing the penetration in 0.8.6 is "malice" :)
- regarding the premium tanks being able to use only gold ammo for credits without losing money: "In such a case, they don't fulfill their primary role - to be used for farming"
- Q: "SerB, what are you doing to do with clans copying the name of famous clans, who have tons of copycats around?" A: "Imagine, my name is Sergey, I thought I'd be the only one of my kind, but there turned out to be a huge number of copycats around! How will I live from now on?!"
- it won't be possible to shoot from water (when the tank is submerged)
- Sturmtiger will be a tank destroyer, not an arty
- it's possible that when the multiturret mechanism is introduced, Churchill will have its hull gun usable
- premium modules for tanks won't be implemented
- regarding the Leopard (LT): when it was moved a tier higher, no other suitable weapons were found for it than the 30mm Mk103
- according to SerB, there is no "ideal setup" for a game, because there are differences in maps, tactics and player skills
- according to SerB, when balancing classes (except for LT's), average damage doesn't have to be the same for all classes
- according to SerB, the reasons (altogether) for not introducing thanks beyond the 60's are: composite and dynamic armor, smoothbores, fire control systems, most tanks have similiar parameters, gas turbines...
- regarding the maximum tank render distance limits: "It's there for a complex of reasons. Principially we could just change the scale - but then, you will get to shoot at "dots at the horizont" - that's not very interesting. But we are working on it."
- technically it's possible to put the gas turbine into the Panther or Panther II, but it won't be done... for now :) (SS: Germans did experiment with various turbines for the Panther - GT101 to GT103, around cca 1200 -1500 hp) - however, E-50 or E-75 won't have them, it was the Germans themselves who historically wanted to keep the regular engines
- ATGMs wonť be implemented
- SerB is tempted to give the T-62A the improved Object167M hull and 122mm D-83 gun
- there will be no free handout vehicles in 0.8.6