Feb 2, 2013
- the controversial "Stalinec" tank decal won't be removed from the game
- Storm considers reworking the ingame hangar chat, no details yet
- premium British and Chinese heavies? "Definitely this year"
- El-Halluf doesn't have a higher chance to drop than other maps (SS: by "drop" I mean "to be chosen when selecting a map for next random battle" - sorry, WoW slang)
- the "in development" section will be updated before the 8.4 test begins (SS: the question was "can we expect the 8.4 test within 2 weeks, as 8.4 is scheduled for Feb/March? Might be a hint that the 8.4 is delayed"
- the ceiling height of each maps is very high, SerB doesn't tell how exactly, but "it's sufficient for any ballistic purposes"
- confirmed: no extra regular gold/XP per medals planned
- there are 3 "sizes" of ingame tracers, depending on the caliber
- regarding the placing of the M62-T2 gun on the vehicles, "historically, the gun was designed to replace the D-25T, wherever it was installed (IS-4, SU-122-54, T-10...) but by the time it was ready, the heavy tanks were declared obsolete
- the Indien-Panzer was confirmed to be a logical part of the new medium tank German branch
- a year is taken into consideration too, when introducing new tanks (SS: it is thus possible to find a vehicle that would fit into the game technologically, but it's "too new") (SS: so the Japanese Type 74 and the Merkava prototypes from the 70's won't fit apparently)
- with the introduction of tier 10 arties, the company allowed arty tiers will most likely change (eg. higher tier arties will be allowed for different modes), but the total company weight most likely won't. Basically there is some time limit ("and we determine what that limit is")
- SerB doesn't see any FPS issues with the sniper scope anymore
- Chinese Vickers has the engine in the back, but the transmission in the front
- Generally (SS: if I understood this correctly, not 100 percent sure), the AP shell normalisation does not depend on the caliber of the gun if the caliber is 2x as big as the thickness of the armor hit - and if the caliber is 3x as big as the thickness of the armor hit, the angle of impact counts as 90 degrees.
- SerB stated that Evilly (SS: that guy I translated the answers from) might have screwed up some of the answers, namely the one about Wargaming buying the mods.
- regarding the T-62B introduction: Q: "And what about the T-62B? It's if the same age as the Leopard" A: "Well, the Leopard will be introduced..."
Regarding the "Stalinist" issue (quick background: a player started a thread where he complains about the game promoting the dictator Stalin): Ectar (community organizer, WG employee) passed his concern to the developers directly. Developers told him to sod off: "EU community manager can express his concern regarding the issues of some individuals over certain aspects of the game. This concern is very important to us." (SS: to explain this: SerB uses the expression "very important opinion" ("OBM") ironically, as in "yea, your personal opinion is very important to us..."). And under it, SerB pasted this picture:
So.... hooray for Stalin I guess -.-